Long Island Landscape Design
Hicks Landscapes Design/Build Services
Hicks Nurseries has a long, storied tradition of enhancing the gardens of Long Island. Now, you can put the unequaled expertise and experience of Hicks to work for you. Our Long Island landscape designers can easily turn the garden of your dreams into a reality.
The Hicks Landscapes staff sees to it that your garden is built on time, on budget and to your exact specifications. Most importantly, they ensure that the installation of your garden is easy, stress-free…and even enjoyable. Rest assured, as we have for over 160 years, we stand behind our work.
Call (516) 334-0068 to speak to a member of our team today.
Steps in the Landscape Design/Build Process
- Contact Hicks: To start your project, fill out the contact form on this page or call 516-334-0068 to speak with a member of our staff.
- Schedule A Site Visit: During a site visit to your home, specifics of the projects are discussed and measurements are taken. We perform a detailed site analysis and get a sense of your vision for the project. After determining your needs, we can then discuss the appropriate next step. To help you in the planning process, print and fill out this planning questionnaire and discuss your responses with your designer during your appointment.
- Design Plans: Detailed landscape design plans and specifications are created for most projects.
- Presentation: We will present the design and a detailed proposal to you. Either at Hicks or at your home, you can review the plans with your designer. Modifications to the plan will be finalized at this time and the project is approved and scheduled.
- Installation: During the installation, our designers are on site to manage the project and ensure your satisfaction. Hicks Nurseries is licensed and insured. Our installation crews will complete the project. Our select contractors will complete any specialized requirements. Hicks guarantees that the Delivery and Installation will be professional, courteous, on time and within budget. Care Instructions will be provided at the completion of your installation to ensure the long-term success of your project. All trees and shrubs planted by Hicks Landscapes are guaranteed for two years from the date of installation. Professional seasonal garden maintenance is offered by Hicks and will keep your garden looking like new.(See Below)
Consultation and design fees may apply.
Extended Care Services
Keep your landscape in optimum condition with help from our experienced, professionally trained maintenance staff.
Our extended care services include but are not limited to seasonal pruning, fertilizing, hand weeding, mulching, deadheading, dividing of perennials, redefining and reshaping of garden beds, irrigation evaluation and seasonal annual bed color changes.
Hicks Landscapes is located in Nassau County and serves clients throughout Long Island, NY. Whether you are looking for a master design plan, a backyard landscape design and installation, or landscaping ideas for your front yard, we can help.
Contact Hicks: To start your project, fill out the contact form on this page or call 516-334-0068 to speak with a member of our staff.
Creating beautiful outdoor living spaces on Long Island since 1853. If you can imagine it, Hicks can create it.
Introducing Our New landscape Friends & Family Referral Program
Our Landscape Friends & Family Referral Program is designed to thank our valued customers for referring us to their friends, family, neighbors and coworkers.
Here’s how it works…
Have your friend or family member mention your name when they first call Hicks Landscapes and you’ll both have the opportunity for special savings.
- YOU will receive a $100 Gift Card good towards any purchase at Hicks Nurseries after deposit on their project is made.
- YOUR referral will receive a $100 credit towards their completed landscape project, plus we’ll waive any consultation fees.
This applies for every new client you refer that completes a landscape project. Be sure to tell your friends to mention your name when they first contact us.
Referrals are truly the best compliment. We value your business and continued support!
Spread the word and enjoy the benefits!
Call 516-334-0068 for more information about this exclusive program.
"I just wanted to tell you how happy I am with the plantings that you did for me last week at my home in Oyster Bay. The design and the quality of the plants was superb. Tom was absolutely wonderful as was Anthony but, honestly, I was most impressed with your men who did the installation. They started every morning with a smile and it never faded during the day. It was so nice to have pleasant people working on my property (for a change). They were professional and their attention to detail included placing a tarp under the lift of the truck to prevent the driveway from getting topsoil on it. They impressed me and the precision on the plant beds (a line of what will become a hedge) impressed several friends. I will absolutely use you for my next project (but you have to promise me Juan and his men:) – I was so pleased with the lack of stress. Thank you so much!" -C. Johnson, Oyster Bay Cove, NY
“I would like to commend you on the wonderful staff you have. A garden center should be a happy place. Everyone at Hicks had a smile and a pleasant word and I will continue to come back year after year.” Joan H.
“I won't shop anywhere else. Best plants in Nassau County. Great selection and the staff is both knowledgeable & helpful.” - Patricia M.
“Thank you so much for coming out and taking care of us. You have really gone above and beyond!”
Lauren D. – Garden City
“After speaking with three landscapers, and getting beautiful proposals from two, I chose Hicks to do the landscaping in the front of my house. We could not possibly be happier with the work done by your entire team. I am blissful watering the plants each day. I’ll be back at Hicks, probably this coming week, to pick up a few annuals to add to the spaces designed.”
Bobbie B. – East Meadow
“Over the past few months we have been working with your professional design team to landscape areas disrupted in the renovation of our home. We wanted to take a moment to tell you what an excellent experience we had. While only the first phase has been completed, the curb appeal is tremendous, Every time we return home we are reminded of how pleased we are.”
Louis S. – Kings Point
“I am writing to tell you of my recent wonderful experience with Hicks Landscape Design and Installation. My husband and I have a long-standing relationship with Hicks over the course of many years. I would not hesitate to recommend your design and installation team at any time in the future. Congratulations on a job well done!”
Anne C. – Hicksville
“My wife and I recently retained the services of Hicks Nursery to design and install landscaping. We want to inform you that we are very pleased with the outcome of the work.”
Nicholas B. – Laurel Hollow